Chilton Biomass 66KV Contestable connection - Spennymoor to Skernside, Chilton, County Durham.
Dalkia Energy has built a £40m wood burning biomass facility in Chilton, County Durham. The facility generates 17.5MW of electricity which is sold back to the grid via its underground 66kv cable Ccts which has now been adopted by DNO Northern Powergrid (NPg).
Wootton & Wootton were contracted to provide a complete turnkey package for the supply, installation & commissioning of the new 66kv double Cct.
Scope of Works
- To provide full time project management for the duration of the works.
- Liaison with the local authority and statutory undertakers.
- To procure all necessary materials including cable, cable accessories and all associated materials for the civil element of the works.
- To excavate & reinstate 2.4km of class 2&3 carriageway.
- To supply & install 15,500 metres of 1c 66kv XLPE 500mm Cu/Pb sheath.
- To supply & install 18 x 66Kv XLPE 3M straight Joints.
- To supply & install 9 x ABB APED self-supporting sealing ends.
- To supply & install scaffold structures complete with weather proofing.
- Successfully DC sheath test cable upon completion.
- Successfully AC VLF pressure test cable upon completion.
The works were successfully completed on time & budget. Wootton & Wootton was praised by the local authority for our site cleanliness & TM.BACK CONTACT US