33/11kV Transformer Replacement Project - Halesfield Substation,Shropshire
Western Power Distribution (WPD) has decided to change the existing 3 x 33/11Kv transformers as the existing ones have reached the end of their design life.
Wootton & Wootton were contracted to provide a turnkey package for the excavation & reinstatement, installation of 11kV cables and associated jointing and terminating.
Scope of Works.
- To excavate joint holes & track as necessary
- To pull out the existing cables and clean the existing ducts with brush, foam pig & jetting where required
- To install new cables between the joint hole and transformer and transformer to NER (7 x 11Kv 630mm XLPE CWS cables per transformer)
- To install cable management at each transformer position
- To supply & install 40T of washed pebbles within transformer bunds
- To reinstate all excavations to match the existing
- To install 7 x sets of 3 11Kv 630mm Euromold terminations
- To install 1 x sets of 3 11Kv 630mm Outdoor terminations
- To install 6 x sets of 3 11Kv transitional straight joints
- To drill transformer gland plates
- To carry out all necessary cable spiking
The works were successfully completed on time & budget ahead of schedule on all 3 outages.
BACK CONTACT US